Σύμφωνα με την HP, ανέπτυξαν μία τεχνολογία, την LightScribe Direct Disc Labeling Technology
με την οποία μπορούμε να χρησιμοποιούμε τα ίδια τα Recorder μας για να δημιουργούμε Silkscreen-quality ετικέτες στα CD-DVD μας!
LightScribe Direct Disc Labeling is a new technology, invented by HP, that enables customers to burn silkscreen-quality labels on their CDs and DVDs. Invented by an HP engineer who grew frustrated with the hassles and inferior quality of current labeling methods, LightScribe offers consumers and businesses alike a simple, no-hassle way to burn professional quality labels.
Using the same laser that burns data in their disc drives, customers simply burn their data as always, flip the disc over, reinsert it into the drive and burn a precise and permanent iridescent label. The technology's development results from a collaboration of HP's imaging and printing and PC organizations, pooling their design and engineering expertise to deliver this elegantly simple solution to an every day need.
- Professional-quality labels: laser precision and detail means no more marker scrawl or adhesive labels to center, only to have them peel off in the disc drive.
- Simplicity: no-hassle labels, just burn the disc, flip it and burn the label.
- Durability: the disc's image-ready coating is an integral part of its manufacture, providing long-lasting, scratch-resistant labels.
- Mobility: labels can be burned wherever and whenever a disc is burned, no need for a printer.
- Creativity: freedom to combine text and graphics in simple or complex labels that reflect one's personality and attitude.