Cd-rom

Είναι δωρεάν, είναι σταθερό, είναι γρήγορο.. ας το γνωρίσουμε και λίγο καλύτερα..

Συντονιστές: Super-Moderators, Software & Hardware Moderators

Απάντηση
Druid
Επικοινωνία:

Cd-rom

Δημοσίευση από Druid » 17 Αύγ 2005 13:02

I am furius with such kernel bug on Fedora Core3. I am talking
about CD-ROM drive priviledges & permissions. If I try to
eject the CD-ROM as druid user, I get an error. But, if I try to
eject the CD-ROM as root, there is NO problem at all.
Let's move on to another example: If I try to burn a DVD/CD
using Nero or k3b or xcdtoaster as Druid, there is no such
a burning device. But, I try to burn a DVD/CD using Nero or
k3b or xcdtoaster as root, everything is automatically
configured and I finally manage to burn my CD/DVD. The point
is that I never have adjust any Fedora's option about User/Groups. Due to this problem I have R-install Fedora about 5
times, hoping that the problem should be fixed... I have not
done something wrong, because I did not change any option on
my FC3. This is a serius problem for me, because I have to
Well, I can use "su" from console, ok. But, I think a normal
user "druid" should be able to ejects and burns CD/DVD. Right ?

PS:Sorry gia ta English, to exo kanei pos to fedoraforum.org pu einai to official na do ti 8a mou poun, kai variomoun na to ksagrapso sta ellinika. :hammer:

Άβαταρ μέλους
nske

Cd-rom

Δημοσίευση από nske » 18 Αύγ 2005 17:31

Gia to eject dokimase na doseis suid permissions sto programma (p.x. os root chmod +s `which eject`). An den peksei etsi tote tha prepei na xrisimopiiseis to sudo (man sudo kai sudoers gia perisoteres plirofories).

Gia to thema tou k3b, apla tha xriastei na ftiakseis ta permissions. To k3b parexei ena utilitaki gia na diefkolinei afti ti diadikasia, tha to vreis sto Settings > K3b Setup apo to menu tou k3b (tha sitisi su password).

Druid
Επικοινωνία:

Cd-rom

Δημοσίευση από Druid » 18 Αύγ 2005 20:21

Thanx! Anyway, evala to Fc4 kai eftiakse automata :D

Άβαταρ μέλους
soteres2002
S. & H. Moderator

Cd-rom

Δημοσίευση από soteres2002 » 18 Αύγ 2005 21:06

Well, Druid! Presumably your druid normal-user account has no group access to processes that correspond to non-root activities through the DVD drive, and dvb at all... This is shit not kind of a kernel problem itself, or even the particular distribution itself; rather, it is a problem of yours! Actually, I am definitely sure you have not configured group-access for your account (from the GUI tool that FC3 provides you preshipped with the ISO images when downloading. Or, you have not done this manually: just add your username to all lines which define the DVD access group.) This is not getting way to big! You are now done man! No worries any farther: you can now burn dvds, eject dvds, break dvds, sell dvds, distribure dvds, do anything you desire!

I think I manually solved this problem for you via SSH many a month ago, give or take a few days! :D :D . Do not you remeber? Huh? Some save-me-from-boring-and-repetitive-work advice follows: do not re-install again this sane OS - investigate before you move on to that step! No shit out of luck trials and waste of time!

Please install FC3 and mess with FC4 until is mature, and configure it!

Druid
Επικοινωνία:

Cd-rom

Δημοσίευση από Druid » 21 Αύγ 2005 01:03

Hey Man, waz up > (?)
Yup you had fixed temporally because after reboot the system privelledges was messed up one more time. I know this "tip" regarding installing the same OS based to an other, so I didn't. I made a fresh install of FC4 and everything works fine (till now).

But have a look on this: My pc stucks all the time and FC4 is too slow. I think that, this happens due to RAM.

Κώδικας: Επιλογή όλων

[druid@localhost ~]$ free
             total       used       free     shared    buffers     cached
Mem:        515136     508936       6200          0       2484     107496
-/+ buffers/cache:     398956     116180
Swap:      1048568        944    1047624
[druid@localhost ~]$
Anyway, I gonna buy one more 512 the day after tomorrow :wink:

Άβαταρ μέλους
nske

Cd-rom

Δημοσίευση από nske » 21 Αύγ 2005 02:30

Epipleon RAM den vlaptei pote, ostoso to oti den anaferetai poli free memory de simenei oti einai pragmatika desmevmeni, osi mnimi ke na exeis eleftheri einai i taktiki diaxirisis tou linux kernel na tin xrisimopii gia caching. Fisika an xriastei apo kapia efarmogi tha eleftherothei.

Efoson den trexeis kapia idieteri efarmogi, o monos logos pou mporo na skefto na rixnei dramatika tin apokrisimotita tou sistimatos einai an den einai energopiimeno to DMA capability gia ton/tous diskous sou. An theleis elegkse to me tin hdparm. Apo ekei ke pera, analoga ton window manager sou (idika an xrisimopieis kde) dokimase na piramatisteis me tis diafores epiloges emfanisis, ke aftes mporoun na epireasoun poli tin apokrisimotita.

Gia to thema tis diatirisis twn permissions sta devices, an to fedora xrisimopii udev, rikse mia matia sto /etc/udev/udev.permissions (mporei sto fedora na exei elafra diaforetiki onomasia).

Απάντηση

Επιστροφή στο “Linux Guide”

Μέλη σε σύνδεση

Μέλη σε αυτήν τη Δ. Συζήτηση: Δεν υπάρχουν εγγεγραμμένα μέλη και 0 επισκέπτες